Saturday, October 4, 2014

My favorite post-workout smoothie

































One of the best things about living in the countryside, is the proximity to the nature. I’m blessed with having the luxury of just running right out from my door and into the woods. Fresh air right on my door step. Amazing! Apart from practicing yoga and going for runs in the forest nearby, I’m really into kettlebells at the moment. I took it up years and years ago, and I don’t know why I stopped doing it, but I recently got obsessed with it again! It’s good fun, the workouts are efficient, and you can do it at home and look up workouts on youtube.

After a good workout, the muscles need rest before they’re build more strength and I love giving my body a post-workout bonus with this smoothie.

Recipe:


2 dl organic yoghurt (or nettle tea of you prefer to go non-dairy)


2 raw egg yolks


2 tbsp coconut oil


2 dl berries, I love black currants


2 tbsp gelatin, stirred in some boiling water


2 tbsp maple syrup


10 drops vanillaflavoured stevia


Enjoy the smoothie and have a good rest before your next workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment