Monday, October 27, 2014

Something satisfying for your sweet toothe: Yummy chia pudding





























I love chia pudding! I got into the habit of making it with homemade almond milk, but lately I’ve had a crush for homemade coconut milk. Chia pudding is quick and easy to make, tastes wonderful, fills you up and is so so nutritious. Perfect for lunch if you’re craving something sweet! Since I work from home, I often make this while preparing my breakfast and then let it rest in its own goodness for a couple of hours before I enjoy a yummy lunch.


1.5 deciliters shredded (desiccated) coconut


2 deciliters water

4 tbsp chia seeds, I prefer the white seeds for this dish

12 drops of english toffee stevia

1 tbsp maple syrup (or yacon or raw honey depending on what you prefer)

1 tsp ceylon cinnamon

A sprinkle of good vanilla sugar

1. Blend the shredded coconut and water together and sift the coconut milk mixture through a fine sift/cheesecloth/mesh bag.

2. Mix the chia seeds and the other ingredients into the coconut milk and stir well.

3. Let it rest for minimum 2 hours, so that the seeds swell up and the pudding thickens. I like to add some fresh fruits or berries my pudding, depending on what I have. One of my favourite twists is using maple syrup and some banana slices. 

Enjoy!

Tip: Soaked chia seeds are easier to digest than dry seeds!

No comments:

Post a Comment