Thursday, February 19, 2015

Bone marrow pesto, traditional food right town to the bone wearing a modern tasty coat

































Recipe:

5 dl parsley leaves
2 dl bone marrow (reindeer, moose, cow or lamb)
Juice from half a lemon
1 dl of finely grated parmesan cheese
1 dl cold pressed olive oil
salt and pepper to taste 


Start out roasting your marrow bones. When the bones are cool enough to handle pick the marrow out, I use the topside of a narrow spoon, and have in a high edged container. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend using a stick blender (I recommend using one with a stainless steel end piece). You can of course adjust the recipe to your taste by adding more lemon, oil or spices. 

I keep this pesto in the fridge up to three days, it is possible it can stay fresh longer, but as organ foods tend to have short longevity I like it to be consumed while it´s fresh.

I have never tried this recipe with basilicum, so should you want to be the brave test bunny please inform me of your results!

translated by: Veronika Bazika




No comments:

Post a Comment